Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Joy of Geometry

Last time I wrote, I praised the skill and teaching ability of my algebra teacher from high school.  He was a great man and taught me many things.  There is a great distinction I need to make though.  Just because my algebra teacher was my favorite math teacher does not mean that algebra was my favorite math standard!  No.  My favorite standard was geometry. 

See, I am a visual person.  I like pictures, colors, and patterns.  Geometry presented me with all that and more.  Even more, how all the angles and lines related to each other fascinated me.  I loved how knowing one or two measurements allowed me to find everything else.  That doesn’t mean that geometry came easy for me, because it certainly didn’t, but I still loved it. 

Is there a topic that you loved even though it wasn’t easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment